CATEGORY OF SERVICE, LOCATION:
Residential Building Demolition
TYPE OF CLIENT:
Located on a former agricultural property near the Watsonville Slough, this site had three residential buildings, outbuildings, sheds, above-ground storage tanks and other farming debris. Prior to the demolition, Trinity Source Group, Inc. (Trinity) conducted a remedial excavation of the farm property, removing hazardous levels of pesticide contaminated soils from the site.
CLIENT GOALS FOR PROJECT:
The property developer contracted Trinity to completely clear the former agricultural property of all residential buildings, outbuildings, sheds, asphalt, concrete, trees, shrubs, drums, septic systems and various other on-site structures and debris. The goal for the project was to demolish and dispose of all on-site debris, in preparation for an upcoming building development project.
- Installation and maintenance of erosion control measures; including straw wattles, silt fence and crushed aggregate construction exit
- Provide oversight for the residential building asbestos survey, abatement and disposal (two-phases)
- Transport and disposal of hydraulic fluid and diesel fuel drums that were discovered on-site
- Removal and disposal of all Above-ground Storage Tanks that were discovered on-site
- Destruction of two on-site water supply wells using 11-sack sand slurry per specification of the California Well Standards
- Removal and disposal of trees, shrubs, concrete and asphalt around the former on-site structures
- Demolition and disposal of various on-site outbuildings and sheds
- Pumping and removal of all on-site septic systems (3 in total, 1 per residential building)
- Demolition and disposal of three single family residential buildings
RESULTS, NEXT STEPS:
- Trinity provided expert witness testimony at the evidentiary hearing at the Santa Clara County Court. The case was dismissed by the Court as the City’s citation for illegal discharge of cementitious waste material was not defensible.